SEO Techniques; Even though it is thought that there have been very strict changes in the field of SEO in recent years, there are still certain details that you should pay attention to. Focusing on creating quality content, creating high-quality links, and prioritizing search by keyword research are things you shouldn’t ignore.
However, some things have changed. With the mobile priority index, Google has begun to evaluate data from users differently. This assessment has begun to have a major impact on future studies.
In this article, there are high-level SEO techniques that you should follow to adapt to Google’s ever-evolving algorithm. By using these techniques, you can stay active in the competition.
1. Giving Priority to Mobile Site
As mentioned for years, it is not a sudden change that Google will switch to mobile priority indexing. Google has foretold this change so people can be prepared for it. Google’s move to mobile priority indexing has led to several changes in search engine results.
Mobile priority indexing requires you to have a near-perfect mobile site in order to rank high in search results. However, it does not require you to leave your SEO work on the desktop version of your site. Here’s what you need to know about this change:
- Start of mobile priority indexing. This means that if your site has mobile and desktop versions, the mobile version will now be added to the index. You have to adapt to this because there is no different approach.
- You should have a responsive site design. If your target audience comes from more mobile, then you should try to help them with site design.
- You should not use pop-ups that cover the page. They are not user-friendly. Google doesn’t like it at all, and sites that use them often rank lower.
- You must create mobile priority content. In doing so, you should try not to compromise the value of the content. You should avoid content that may be problematic for mobile devices.
- You should use tried methods. Folding menus and burger-style menus will not cause you any problems with indexing. These are ways to improve the user experience.
The fewer obstacles Googlebot has on your site, the better it will be for you. For crawl errors, you should try to check your site’s records on a regular basis and eliminate any errors.
2. Optimizing Speed (Speed SEO Techniques)
2018 was definitely a year in which mobile page speed was important. Mobile speed will remain important in this period and in the future. It is necessary to understand the effect of page speed in SEO sector and to act accordingly. Research shows that page speed is not very effective for now, but optimization works are effective. If you use Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool, the data contained here will tell you something.
The Google PageSpeed Insights tool contains two different data:
- “Lab Data” section indicating the quality of the optimized work.
- “Field Data” section that specifies the load times obtained from real users.
Google is constantly testing new factors. Therefore, there may be periodic changes in the data here. However, you should ensure that your site is optimized in the best way:
- You should conduct regular site audits and solve problems.
- You should take advantage of various opportunities by following Google’s recommendations in the PageSpeed Insights tool.
3. Review Google’s CrUX Report
One of the most important changes we saw in 2018 was the evaluation of real-time user measurements according to CrUX data. These are currently not very effective on the search engine results page. However, they are expected to play an active role in the future.
You can easily see this data in the “Field Data” section of the Google PageSpeed Insights tool. The most important thing that forces SEO professionals to do this is that data cannot be understood more clearly because local tests cannot be performed.
Instead, you can proceed to review and review CrUX reports. These reports include data such as device type, connection type, page load time. All you have to do is create a project on the Google Cloud Platform and provide access to the CrUX project page.
With very simple SQL information, you can retrieve the raw data that Google has collected for your site and change your strategies based on that information.
4. Getting to the Search Engine Result Page
Google’s front page has undergone many different changes over the years. The search engine results page now contains many different data and fields. You can see local data, ads, information panels, answer boxes, and more.
Although it is not possible to know what will happen in this section, it is possible to guarantee that organic search results will change continuously. Therefore, you should keep up with the change and try to gain more place in the search engine results page.
The highlight of the snippet is the first thing you need to pay attention to. This section appears at the top of the search results and is difficult to get involved. If you want to get involved here, what you need to do is more or less:
- You should create content by using the keywords you want to rank in the questions. Here you need to pay attention to the questions your audience will ask.
- You should try to enrich the content with paragraphs, tables and lists.
Each targeted market has its own specific standards. For example, if you are addressing a broad market, you should use paragraphs, and if you are addressing a specific market, you should use tables. This means that you are more likely to be featured in the highlighted snippet.
It’s really hard to get zero. For this, you need to work hard and try hard. You should remember that you can achieve this by paying attention to the queries and answers in the calls made.
In addition, you must use Schema formatting. They may not get you a much better position in the search engines, but it will give you more space on the search engine results page.
Schema – SEO Techniques
You should use classic Schema applications, but you’ll also need to go to Google to review the status of the queries you’d like to rank for:
- Check which search engine result page type is prominent in queries.
- Review which domains you have with the content you have created, and question what improvements you can make to have more domains.
- In addition, you should try to find gaps that you can manage to fill with content.
5. Using Videos
Increasing demand for video content can be said to put pressure on the content creators. In 2018, we saw the expressions clearly:
- People watched 1 billion hours of video content every day on YouTube.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine.
- Videos increase page stay.
- The fields that videos get on the search engine results page have doubled compared to the previous years.
In addition, videos have a very special place to interact with users. Here’s how to optimize videos for your users:
- Perform short brand videos and product promotions ..
- Create educational videos and explain what products or services do.
- Participate in live broadcasts such as interviews.
- Add metadata in accordance with users’ intentions of watching videos and searching.
- Use the exact matched keywords.
- Specifically use keyword tags for videos.
- Use videos on different platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram.
- Search engines can use video sitemaps.
In addition, you should keep in mind that the demand for how-to videos on YouTube has increased by 50% from the previous year.